Off-road, self-drive or overland in China is one of the closest ways to touch China and know China. China has diversified landscape of alpine mountain, plateau, canyons, grassland, desert, etc. And various ethnic minorities as Tibetan, Mongolian, Ugar, live in their compact communities with ancient history and unique culture and customs.
China Exploration has long been expert in the overland tour. We will bring tourist to the remote and original reserved places and show you the authentic country side of this land.
Our service falls into two types:
1. Overland with rented Chinese vehicle.It is the easiest and most popular way of overland travel in China. We provide various vehicles according to the road condition, which ranges from 4WD of TOYOTA, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Cherokee and other brand to business vans. During the overland tour, you will either stay in hotel or camp according to local condition and your interest. And a Chinese guide and driver will deal everything for you; you can start your trip!
2. Overland by your own vehicle, also self-driving tour in China.
Self-driving in China with your own vehicle is favored by more and more travelers. It could be the most fantastic and amazing experience for funs of vehicle, but it is too complicated for foreigners due to a lot of government paper works involved.
China Exploration are real overland tour expert in self-driving with traveler' own vehicle. We have successfully provided service for both individual tourists and world class overland companies. Their vehicle varied from deluxe motor home, 4WD Off-road Jeeps, motorbike to big camping trucks. And they either drove into China from the land boarders or shipped their vehicles into China; and their routes covered any part of China: Xinjiang, Tibet, Inner Mongolian, Beijing, Shanghai and more.
China Exploration ensures the successful application of government permits, driving licenses, Custom and more paper works. Everything will be ready when tourist arrives at the boarder of China. Our guide will be waiting for them and help them into China. Each year, we have hundred of tourist realized their dream of exploring China overland.
Each year we have more than 10 self-driving trips running in nearly every province of China. Some of them are series tours organized by oversea tour companies, some of them are organized by a couple or a few friends.
A few of typical trips done by our former clients is copied below as reference, but you are not restricted in these routes: we offer tailor-made service and we can send you to anywhere you want:
1.Tibetan Plateau 4WD Overland Expedition in April of 2000 ( 36 travelers from Hong Kong with 15 various Jeeps made 2 months' overland travel in China)
Route: Shenzhen Boarder with HK / Guangzhou / Kunming / Deqin / Markam / Lhasa / Gormud / Dunhuang / Lanzhou / Chengdu / Guiyang / Kaili / Guilin / Liuzhou / HK
2. Marko Polo Caravan Overland Expedition in summer of 2001 (8 Italian with 4 motor homes made 3 months' travel in China. )
Route: Konjiala Pass Boarder with Pakistan / Kashigar / Ruoqiang / Gormud / Xining / Chengdu / Guiyang / Kaili / Guilin / Guangzhou / Xiamen / Fuzhou / Hangzhou / Shanghai / Wuhan / Xi'an / Zhenzhou / Beijing / Mongolia
Tour Leader: Jason Huang
3. Xinjiang Overland Expedition in 2004 (24 westerners with a big camping truck made 1 month's trip in China)
Route: Turugart boarder with Kyrgyzstan / Kashigar / Hetan / Luntai / Turpan / Dunhuang / Gormud / Lhasa / Gyantase / Shygatse / Everest / Zhangmu Boarder with Nepal. Tour Leader: Myles Ma
4. Himalaya and Yunnan Overland Expedition in July of 2007 ( 36 westerners with a big camping Truck made 1 month trip in China )Route: Kathmandu / Everest / Lhasa / Linzi / Bomi / Shangri-la / Lijiang/ Kunming / Mengla Boarder with Laos
5. All China Overland Expedition in May of 2008 ( 78 years old Danish, Finn Halberg and his wife with their old motor home made 2 months travel in China, and he still remains the record of highest age driving in China till now)
Route: Turugart boarder with Kyrgyzstan / Kashigar / Hetan / Luntai / Turpan / Dunhuang / Xi'an / Beijing / Luoyang / Guizhou / Kunming / Mengla bordered with Laos
6. West China Expedition in July of 2009 ( 20 westerner with a big bus made 1 month's trip in west China )
Route: Zhangmu bordered with Nepal / Everest / Lhasa / Lanzhou / Xi'an / Chengdu / Meigu / Xichang / Lijiang / Kunming / Mengla Boarder with Laos
7.The Scheltens family's self-driving China overland tour in 2010
Time: June 1st , 2010-July 25th 2010
Name: The couple of Mr Scheltens Guy Marcel
Erlianhaote- Beijing-Datong-Xi'an-Chengdu-Xichang-Luguhu Lake- Lijiang-Kunming- Jinghong-Laos
8.The Seddon family's self-driving China overland tour in 2010
Time: Nov 9th , 2010-December 1st 2010
Name: The couple of Mr Seddon
Just tell us your interest or give us your plan, and we will comment on it in experience. After we reach agreement on schedule and rate, so you just give us the files we required from you, and then leave all to us. We are looking forward to meeting you and your beloved car in China!