2013 Silk Road & Tibet Self Drive Holiday by Own Vehicle
Have you thought of driving into China with your own vehicle? It could be the most fantastic and amazing travel experience for overland tours in China, but it is a bit expensive for a single car to make such a trip. China Exploration pushed the join-in self driving tours for the overland tourist in order to cut down the budget as well as add more fun to the trip.
In this project, we will apply all of the government documents and apply Chinese driving license and plate for you. You just arrive at China boarder on time! And you can also fly to the boarder city and rent a Chinese car to join us! Come on!
D1July 26th , 2013 July Enter China
Cross China boarder of Turgart from Kyergystan with your own vehicle, and meet with your guide. Boarder works and then transfer to Kashgar.
D2 July 27th, 2013 Kashgar
Get your Chinese driving license and Chinese plate today. And then start your self driving tours in the historical sites of city.
D3 July 28th , 2013 Kashgar / Kalakuli Lake
Today we will start our China overland tours really. Firstly you will drive your car to Kalakuli lake, and enjoy the beautiful lake as well as Mt Mustag in distance.
D4 July 29th , 2013 Kalakuli Lake / Kashgar
Drive back Kashgar in the morning, and continue to do some city tours by self driving.
D5 July 30th , 2013 Kashgar / Aksu
Today we will begin our long expedition of Silk road by driving with your lovely vehicle. It is a long driving day overland, and you can enjoy the villages and desert en route.
D6 July 31th , 2013 Aksu / Kuche
Continue the overland driving today, and visit the Mosque of Kuche. Continue to enjoy the village and desert en route.
D6 August 1th , 2013 Kuche / Turpan
Cintinue to drive your car in china long the silk road, and arrive in Turpan, and enjoy the desert en route.
D7 August 2th , 2013 Turpan City Tour
Leisure day, drive your car to visit the ruin of Jiaohe, Gaochang, the tomb,etc.
D8 August 3th , 2013 Turpan
Spare in case any delaying at road, or we will continue to start our china overland tours.
D9 August 4th , 2013 Turpan / Hami
All the day drive to Hami, enjoy the Gebi desert en route.
D10 August 5th , 2013 Hami / Dunhuang
It is a long day of self driving again along the silk road, enjoy the Gebi desert. Arrive in Dunhuang in the late afternoon.
D11 August 6th , 2013 Dunhuang City Tour
Leisure day for city tours, such as the Mingshashan mountain, the Fresco of Mogaoku.
D12 August 7th , 2013 Dunhuang / Germud
Driving day, and you will drive your car through the Gebi desert and enjoy the sparse west China. It is a long day’s overland tours with your car.
D13 August 8th , 2013Germud / Toto River
Start our overland tours in Tibetan plateau today. You will drive up the Tibetan highway gradually and enjoy the Tangkulashan mountain peaks en route. .
D14 August 9th , 2013Toto River / Namto Lake
Cross the mountain pass of Tangkulashan, and then enter the wide Tibetan grassland. If the famous Naqu horse racing fesetival is just at this period, we can spend more day here to participate this big festival.
D15 August 10th , 2013 Namto Lake / Lhasa
Enjoy the huge and beautiful lake, and then drive to Lhasa in the afternoon. Arrive in Lhasa overland in 3 hours’ driving.
D16-17 August 11th _12th , 2013 Lhasa
Leisure day, visit Potala Palace, Monastery by driving your car.
D18 August 13th , 2013 Lhasa / Gyantze / Shygatse
Start our Tibetan overland expedition again today. We will drive to Shygatse via Gyantse, and enjoy the Yam dok lake, Percum in Gyantze.
D19 August 14th , 2013 Shygatse / Tingri
It is a long driving day, but you can enjoy the big mountain en route.
D20 August 15th , 2013 Tingri / Everest / Tingri
Today we reach the highlights of our China self driving tour: We will drive our car to the base of Mt Everest, and admire the highest peak in the world. In the late afternoon drive back Tingri.
D21 August 16th , 2013 Tingri / Zhangmu Boarder
Drive to Zhangmu boarder
D22 August 17th , 2013 Spare in case
If we can arrive at boarder in time today, so we can cross the boarder to Nepal.
D23 August 18th , 2013 Spare in case
D24 August 19th , 2013 Spare in case
D25 August 20th , 2013 Boarder work and cross the boarder to Nepal. Self driving china Overland Tour is complete.
Price: US $ 4950. 00 per car
Note: It is based on one car with only one driver. And US $ 350.00 per person will be charged for extra passengers, and US $ 75 per person will be charged for the extra driving license.
Price included service :
1. All of the government paper works, such as tourism, tranffice, police, Custom, etc.
2.. One English speaking guide. He will seat in one of the car, so there must leave one seat for him. And he pay for his meals and accommodation himself.
3. Vehicle Insurance of the accident.
4. The travel permits for the traveller. .
5. The temporal driving license and driving plate of the car in China. Each car we provided only one free temporal driving licenses, and US $ 75 per person will be charged for the extra driving license.
6. Provide Visa invitation letter.
Price not included:
1. Your vehicle. You can drive your vehicle into China, or rent a Chinese vehicle.
2. Your oil, vehicle maintenance, parking fee, toll gate fees.
3. Your meals, accommodation and tour site tickets. You can stay in motor home or camping when the condition is suitable. And you can also stay in hotel if you like and pay for it in cash yourselves.
4. China visa or China visa extension fees.
5. Any of the medicinal cost due to your own health .
6. Any other cost we have not mentioned.
C. The files we require from you:
1. The information of your organization or travel agency or name, including your name, nationality, address, contact, the purpose of the travel.
2. The vehicle’s files: The clear pictures of them in front, side, back. Each of them should be 2 pieces. The copies of vehicle's registration paper in your country. You also need to state clearly about the vehicle, including their brands, place of production, engine numbers, chassis numbers, their value, their driving plate in your country, the name of their owner.
3. The drivers’ files : their names, nationalities, gender, occupation, passport numbers. They should be accord with your passport. The copy of their driving license in their country or their international driving license, which should be qualified in driving your car. Their ID photo , which we will use to obtain driving license. 8 pieces.
4. The information of passengers, including their names, nationalities, gender, occupation, passport numbers and copy of passport.
5. The annual vehicle Test certificate.
1. All of the files you can send us through email scanning copies.
2. The driver should obey China traffic laws.
3. The overland travel we provided is only for sightseeing tours friendly, any activity disobeys China law should be handed up to police department. Any activities of taking film for the military base, trucks are absolutely dangerous and will cause problem.
4. The obtaining work is a very complex procedure with strong government facilities, so we suggest early work on it in order to ensure everything runs smoothly.
D Special Attention:
1. Because it is group tours, all of the vehicles and travelers are bounded together, so you must enter and exit China together at the same boarder at the same time.
2. The route is permit by the government strictly, so you can not deviate it.