Golf is becoming a popular sport in China. Golf was introduced to China later than other countries. But golf has developed rapidly in China . Especially in recent years, golf courses have sprung up like mushrooms all over the country; so far China was home to some 220 courses. Now, reliable sources put that number at well over 350, with another 100 or so set to open over the next two to three years
Most golf courses in China are located in coastal areas, capital cities of provinces and famous tourism cities, with pleasant climates, beautiful scenery and transport facilities. Many of them are up to the international standards in terms of their choice of location, design and construction, turf and prefect service facilities. They are capable of hosting international golf competitions, with unique characteristics. Some are located in the national tourism scenic areas at the foot of a mountain and beside a sea, featuring picturesque scenery; and some are close to tourism and holiday resorts with a beautiful environment, making players return to nature. All these golf courses have star-rated hotels and bars, where customers may feel carefree and relaxed and mold their temperament.
China 's golf game has a bright future, and is attracting more concern of the friends from all over the world. China Exploration gives a comprehensive and detailed introduction to some of the important golf courses in China . We are sure that it will help you have a better understanding of the golf courses in China , and be helpful to those who plan for holiday-making and play golf in China .
Some of the important Golf Clubs in China tour cities:
Beijing golf destinations
1. Huatang International Golf Club It was opened in late 1997. It is a new course but with lots of trees. The friendly course is open to public not only for people with a membership. It is a 40-minute drive from the city centre
Address: Beijing East Yanjiao Economic Development Zone, Tongzhou District.
2. Beijing Golf Club： The club is just 30 minutes from the Beijing International Airport. This championship course was designed by Poellot and Benz of the US.
Address: East bank of Chaobaihe in Shunyi District.
3. Beijing International Golf Club：The course runs alongside Ming's Tomb (Shisanling) Reservoir. In an area of water shortage the golfer has 13 holes where water is the main hazard. This mature course offers large greens with plenty of out-of-bounds markers.
Address: North Side, Ming Tomb Reservoir, Changping District.
Shanghai golf destinations
Shanghai is not the ideal place to develop golf courses because of the plain terrain. Therefore, Shanghai has only a few golf-links. Among these courses, only two or three of them can be considered professional. Generally, the service offered by Shanghai-based golf-links is more expensive than that in Beijing. The green fees here range between 700 yuan (US$84) to 850 yuan (US$102).
１.Shanghai Tianma Golf and Country Club：It is located 30 minutes from the Hongqiao Airport in the Sheshan National Tourism Park. Sheshan is known for its natural beauty and for having the only mountain in Shanghai. With 200 exquisite Villas designed by American Designers, the golf course boasts 27 holes. Luxury villas, lakes and streams surround it.
Address: 1 Tianmashan Village, Songjiang District.
2. Shanghai International Golf Country Club
About 40 kilometers from the city, the 18-hole Dianshan Lake course features open vistas and gentle undulations.
Address: Zhujiajiao, Qingpu District, Shanghai.
Hainan Golf Destinations
1. Yalong Bay Golf Club : Located in the southern most tip of Hainan Island, Sanya is the only tropical coastal tourist city in China. Sanya has an average sunshine of 2563 hours per year, no winter, and with abundant resources and air quality ranking number two in the world. Unparalleled tourism resources make Sanya home of sunshine, an eternal tropical paradise.
Introduction to the course: This golf course has 18 holes. Par:73. After transformation, the lawns become greener, smoother and more challenging.
Service facilities: In the luxury club house with an area of 5,000 sq m, players can find star-rated guestrooms, restaurants, a shopping center, a Karaoke hall, a large bathing ground and massage center.
Add :Taling,Tianya Town,Sanya,Hainan,China.
Guilin Gold Destination:
1. Guilin Merryland Golf Club: Located in Linghu Road,Xing'an County, the Guilin Merryland Golf Club is only a 40-minute drive from the city proper of Guilin. With an area of about 73 hectares, this club has an American-style hilly land golf course up to the international standards, involving a total investment of over 150 million yuan. Designed by Mr. Golden Louise, a famous architect from the United States, the golf course embraces beautiful mountains, limpid waters and man-made landscapes.
Introduction to the course: This 18-hole golf course extends 7,073 yards. Par:72.The front nine holes are located in the mountains, and the rear nine holes are by the lake. No.2 hole of the front nine holes is the most difficult, with a large pond. Golfing in this course may make players fully enjoy themselves and appreciate the unique scenery.
Service facilities: A Chinese restaurant, a green cafe, a conference room, a pro shop and other facilities
Add :Linghu Road,Xing'an County,Guilin,Guangxi 541300,China
Guilin Landscape Golf Club: Located in the Yaoshan Natural Scenic Zone, the Guilin Landscape Golf Club is about six km from Guilin City and covers an area of 1.2 million sq m. The golf course borders the Prince Jingjiang's Mausoleum on the left, and is surrounded by mountains and includes lakes. It boasts picturesque scenery.
Introduction to the course : This golf course has 27 holes, which are divided into three parts. No.1-9 holes are in the mountains; No.10-18 holes by the lakes; and No.19-27 holes are scattered among rocks. Golfing in this picturesque course will make players enjoy themselves to their hearts' content.
Service facilities: This club is a holiday resort integrating sports, leisure and recreation. It includes an ancient and unsophisticated city tower, a club center,150 luxury suites , Chinese, Western and Japanese restaurants, a practice ground and villas.
Add :Yangmendian,Chaoyang Township,Guilin,Guangxi,China
Guilin Lijiang Country Golf Club: The Lijiang Country Golf Club, a multi-functional holiday resort integrating sports, recreation and leisure, was constructed by the Taiwan Huicheng International Development Industrial Co.,Ltd. Located at the foot of Mopan Hill in south Guilin,it is 17 km from the city proper, and 42 km from the Liangjiang International Airport, with an area of 400 hectares.
Introduction to the course : This 18-hole golf course is up to the international standards, with a total length of 7,150 yards.Par:72.Designed by Mr.Lee Cheng from the United States, this golf course is situated at the foot of a mountain and beside a river, featuring many grotesque peaks, natural landscapes and historical sites . The first nine holes are located in the undulating mountains; and the rear nine holes are by the Lijiang River . Along the fairways three are rivers, ponds, elegant peaks and weirdly shaped rocks.
Service facilities: A practice ground in the open air with full-time coaches, RCI holiday will has, a health-building center and a five-star hotel that will be constructed
Add :Waibin pier,overseas Chinese Tourism and Economy Zone, Guilin, China
Anhui Golf Destination
1. Huangshan Pine Golf Club : The Jade Course is with much elevation, which is unlike the other airport courses. As a whole, the fairway is reasonably forgiving and features with plenty of dogleg holes and water hazards. The design is reasonable and interesting with a mix of risk and reward holes. The difficulties of the approaching shot will be determined by the position of your tee shots. The length of the course is 6,348 yards which is a quite comfortable distance for leisure golfers.
Address: No. 78 Longjing Airport Rd, Tunxi District, Huangshan, Anhui
Courses: Rainbow Valley Course 18 Holes
Jade Valley Course 18 Holes
Lotus Valley Course
1. Yunnan Spring & City Golf Club: Surrounded by mountains and beside the limpid lake, the Spring City Golf & Lake Resort is one of the most beautiful golf holiday resorts in the world. Hence the name of the golf paradise in Asia. Located in Kunming City in south China, this golfing. Jack Nicklaus designed this golf resort. In June 1999,the US Golf Digest evaluated it as No.1 Golf resort in China and Hong Kong.
Introduction to the course : The golf course is surrounded by natural pine trees, and rocks protruding everwhere, displaying the magnificent natural scenery. No.8 hole is a classic hole, with Par 3.No.18 hole(par 4) was once named as one of the 500 top holes in the world. Golfing in this course is a great pleasure.
Service facilities: The Spring City Golf & lake Resort offers 5-star service. It has various kinds of facilities, such as swinning pool ,hot spring, sauna center and tennis court. Customers may also participate in over-water and health building activities.
Add :Tangchi Town,Yiliang County,Kunming,Yunnan,China
2. Kunming Country Golf Club: As a Chinese-foreign joint venture, the Kunming Country Golf Club was meticulously designed and constructed. With an area of about 86 hectares, the golf course has 18 holes, up to the international standards. Par:72.Lying by the Anning-shilin high-class highway, this golf course is 14 km(or a 20-minute drive)from the city proper of Kunming, and is mixed with the surrounding mountains and lakes.
Introduction to the course : The golf course, which extends more than 6,890 yards, includes four 500-m fairways, four fairways with a length of less than 200 m. Many ponds and rapids are scattered here and there in the golf course. A large number of fresh flowers are in full bloom in the four seasons, and fairways rise and fall, with a drop of 50-some m.
Service facilities: A club center, a tennis court and a swimming pool, etc.
Add :14 km from Anshi Highway,Kunming,Yunnan,China.
3. Jade Dragon Snow Mountain Golf Club: Situated in Ganhaizi at the eastern foot of Jade Dragon Snow Mountain in Lijiang, this golf course was open to the public in October 2001. Thanks to its favorable location, unique scenic spots and historical sites, first-class design, construction and administration of the club, it will become one of the golf courses with special features in China.
Introduction to the course : On the plateau with an elevation of 3,100,this golf course, designed by Nelson & Haworth, has been proven as a world record, and is also the only golf course in the snow-mountains in Asia. Golfing in the course will make customers feel as if in the "Shangri-La," a fictitious land of peace, away from the turmoil of the world.
Service facilities: A club center, Chinese and Western restaurants, locker rooms, a pro shop, a practice ground and villas.
Add :Ganhaizi,Jade Dragon Snow Mountain,Lijiang,Yunnan,China
Xi’an Golf of Destination
Xi'an Yajian International Golf Club: Located in the Caotang Tourism and Holiday Resort of Huxian County in the southwest of Xi'an, the Xi'an Yajian International Golf Club lies at the foot of the undulating chain of the Qinling Mountains in the south, and faces the Caotang Temple, a famous Buddhist sacred place, in the north,31 km from Xi'an City.
Introduction to the course : The golf course covers an area of about 67 hectares, and has 18 holes up to the international standards, with a total length of 7,105 yards. Par:72. There are 25 tee boxes in the course, with a practice ground of 250 yard long.
Service facilities: An outdoor tennis court, indoor and outdoor swimming pools, a gym , a Karaoke hall, etc.
Add :Caotang Tourism and Holiday Resort,Huxian County,Xi'an,China
Chengdu Golf Destination:
1. Sichuan International Golf Club: Sichuan International Golf Club is among the top-ranking first-class golf clubs in China. ?? Located in the Tourism and Development Area of Mumashan of Sichuan, the club is 20km away and 25minutes drive from the city center of Chengdu. Sichuan International Golf Club has always been a very popular Golf club, which, since its operation has organized large number of games like VOLVO Tournament (Founder Open Tournament), BMW 7 series Invitational Tournament and China Golf Pro Elite Game of Yindu Garden Cup, China PGA league from 1998 to 2002.
The Golf Driving Range of Sichuan International Golf Club serves the members or guests with special challenge and amusement. The tee boxes are laid and fixed with 64 seats in all and laid with the carpet imported from the United States for golf purpose. There are well-trained coaches also to guide you through the game.
Address: Mu Ma Shan Development Zone, Shuangliu Country, Chengdu, Sichuan, 610026
2. LUXE HILLS GOLF & COUNTRY CLUB: After its official opening on June, 2005, Luxe Hills Golf & Country Club, Chengdu is one of the most well known golf clubs of China. Driving along the road for about 15 minutes along the south of the city of Chengdu, Luxe Hills Golf & Country Club, Chengdu rests in the hilly and peaceful ambience of the international community. Surrounded by greenery on all sides the Luxe Hills Golf & Country Club, Chengdu stands proudly in its own kind.
The Golf Course: The Luxe Hills Golf & Country Club, Chengdu has a beautiful and challenging 27-hole international standard, (Par 72) golf course, which features numerous signature holes with striking rock outcroppings. Playing golf in the wonderful golf course of Luxe Hills Golf & Country Club is indeed an exotic experience to remember.
Facilities and Services: This 360 degree modern club house having a North American flavor has all the facilities and amenities available for the enjoyment and entertainment of the members as well as the visitors of Luxe Hills Golf & Country Club. Starting from Western restaurants serving variety of delicacies to luxurious suits, swimming pool, squash courts, tennis courts, sauna, health club, library, children's play room, gymnasium, VIP chambers, recreation centers, Luxe Hills Golf & Country Club is nothing but a unique holiday and leisure paradise.
Address: Chengdu, Sichuan Province, 15 minutes drive towards the south of Chengdu
3. Sichuan Qingcheng Golf Club: Located beside the picturesque Qingcheng Mountain and near the tourist scenic spot Dujiangyan, Dujiangyan Qingcheng Golf Club is composed of a golf course, a golf clubhouse, a 5-star Golf Holiday Inn, an American Culture Village, an amusement district and an up-market villas compound. Covering an area of 337 acres, it is a hilly course having 18 whole 72 par of the international standard. The fairway is 7,023 yards long. Designed by American HOK Company, the course is built on the basis of the natural beauty of Dujiangyan scenic spot. Thus the club has combined the natural elements with the golf culture, so that visitors can have a good relaxation. It can be easily accessed, only 45 minutes' drive away from downtown Chengdu. Playing golf here, you will be fully refreshed from the strain of urban life.
Address: Daguan Town, Foot of Mt Qingcheng, Dujiangyan City, Sichuan, China